Wednesday, January 28, 2009

wish us luck...

What did you say??? I'm going to the dentist?

Take that dentist...

We're two days into the new year and we are in need of some serious good fortune! I don't know any kids that like going to the dentist, but little bob REALLY doesn't like going to the dentist. She has a severe gag reflex and always vomits when they clean her teeth. You can see it on the hygienists' faces when we arrive...I'm not taking THAT kid.... you take her. LB is a favorite at the dentist office for sure.

X-rays? Haven't happened yet because they can't get her to open her mouth wide enough. The dentist hasn't pushed yet because she's been so young but today is the day they're going for the x-rays. She had some "happy" medicine last night and again this morning. I think she's getting some "happy" gas today too so hopefully this will happen. She has some friends that have already had to have teeth pulled from decay so I'm worried about what's going on in there.
Too bad daddy isn't around to partake in the dental office hyjinx. Such fun...wish us luck!

Below is my most recent photoshop project for school. We had specific photos to work with and tasks to accomplish. We had to create three versions and this is my favorite out of all of them. There are at least 8 photos combined and lots of modes, hue & saturation adjustments, adjustment layers and filters, etc.

A full dental report to follow soon...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh....I will be praying for you both...I hate going to the dentist as well.

Marlene

Big Hair Envy said...

Poor Little Bob. I hope the gas keeps her happy!!!!

HalfAsstic.com said...

Oh man! I still have nightmares about the first time I took my little one to the dentist. Our family dentist recommended me to a pediatric dentist and he was HORRIBLE! If anyone ever tries to tell you you should not be present for you child's....ANYTHING, insist on being there even more!
We took her back to our family dentist and I insisted on him. Then everything was fine.

Predo said...

i think on occasion we could all use a little "happy gas". It totally beats the other kind!!!!

Good luck at the dentist! May the force be with you both!

(Sometimes!) Serendipitous Girl said...

Awww Bob, I hope it went well! Tell her if she doesn't go to the dentist her breath will smell like Fisher's!

LOVE your project, talented girl!